The court will decide at a later date if the case will proceed as a class action.
The case seeks to represent all persons who purchased resold live event tickets occurring in Canada from Ticketmaster since September 1, 2013.
- December 9, 2020: The plaintiffs’ certification motion is scheduled to be heard by the Superior Court of Justice on December 9-11, 2020.
- September 11, 2020: Following the Court’s Order that the plaintiffs may issue an amended claim, the plaintiffs issued the Second Fresh as Amended Consolidated Statement of Claim.
- January 10, 2020: The Court has set this matter down for a certification hearing on December 9-10, 2020.
- August 28, 2019: The plaintiffs issued the Fresh as Consolidated Statement of Claim.
- August 13, 2019: The Superior Court of Justice granted a motion by the plaintiffs, consolidating the proposed Ontario class actions by an Order dated August 13, 2019.