Mohsen’s devotion to his class action practice stems from a belief that class actions improve our society by promoting access to justice, corporate social responsibility, and the rule of law. His practice focuses on consumer protection, competition law, and constitutional actions.
Mohsen is an avid litigator who strategizes to obtain the best results for his clients, always through the most efficient means. He relishes the courtroom setting when arguing a case is what is required.
In addition to his practice, Mohsen devotes his time to access to justice and the advancement of the legal profession. He volunteers at Pro Bono Law Ontario where he provides pro bono legal advice and representation to self-represented litigants at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
He is the Director of Public Affairs and Policy of the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) and Chair of the Class Actions Section, and a Trustee of the OBA Foundation.
Mohsen obtained his law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School. He has an LL.M., and spent two years in doctoral law studies at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law.
Mohsen is proficient in Persian and Spanish.
In his spare time, Mohsen enjoys endurance running and cycling.
- Bell Canada Prison Calls
- CIBC Unpaid Overtime
- Crown Crest Leasing
- Farmed Atlantic Salmon
- Fiat Chrysler Diesel Emissions
- First Nations Youth
- Ford Diesel Emissions
- GM Diesel Emissions
- Gold Price Manipulation
- Indigenous Youth in British Columbia
- Indigenous Youth in Manitoba
- Indigenous Youth in Quebec
- Keurig K-Cups
- Philips CPAP Machines
- Silver Price Manipulation
- Listed as “Ones to Watch” in Best Lawyers in Canada – Class Action Litigation (2022 – 2023)
- “Rethinking Forum Non Conveniens from an Access to Justice Perspective”, Windsor Review of Legal and Social Issues (forthcoming 2022) (peer-reviewed)
- “Class Action Certification: ‘Meaningful Screening Device’ and the ‘Compensable Loss’ Theory”, (2021-2022) Canadian Class Action Review – Irwin Law 17:1 at 193
- “Section 36 Requests for Access to Information and the Competition Bureau: Hast Thou Forsaken Me?” Canadian Competition Law Review (October 2018)
- “Federal certiorari applications: affidavit evidence in the age of dwindling cross-examinations”, (2016) 12:11 ImmQuest – Carswell
- “The Inherent Right Court: One step on a long road” (May 18, 2016) Ontario Bar Association – Aboriginal Law Section
- “Book Note: Judicial Decision-Making in a Globalised World: A Comparative Analysis of the Changing Practices of Western Highest Courts, by Elaine Mak” (2015) 52.1 Osgoode Hall Law Journal 369
- “Book Note: The Behavior of Federal Judges: A Theoretical and Empirical Study of Rational Choice, by Lee Epstein, William M Landes, and Richard A Posner” (2014) 51.2 Osgoode Hall Law Journal 729
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA) and the Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
- Chair of the OBA Class Actions Section
- Trustee of the OBA Foundation
- Secretary of OBA Standing Committee on Access to Justice
- Member of the Young Lawyers Sub-committee of CBA Competition Law Section