Ford Fuel Economy
This case alleges that Ford misrepresented the fuel mileage of 2019 Ford Ranger and 2018-2019 Ford F-150 trucks.
Determining a vehicle’s fuel economy occurs by performing tests on the Vehicle in a laboratory setting and in ‘real world’ road testing. The road tests include performing a test that measures a vehicle’s rolling resistance and drag. The claim alleges that the defendants used inaccurate road load figures to boost the affected vehicles’ purported fuel economy.
The Court will decide at a later date if the case will proceed as a class action.
This case seeks to represent all persons in Canada who purchased or leased any of the following vehicles: 2019 Ford Rangers or 2018-2019 Ford F-150s.
For more information on this and our other class actions, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- April 14, 2023: The Certification Motion is scheduled for March 4 to 8, 2024 in British Columbia.
- April 5, 2022: The notice of civil claim was amended on April 5, 2022. See amended notice of civil claim.
- October 29, 2019: A notice of civil action was launched in BC. See notice of civil claim.
- August 20, 2019: Plaintiff issued Statement of Claim in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
- Amended Notice of Civil Claim (April 5, 2022)
- Notice of Civil Claim (October 29, 2019)
- Statement of Claim (August 20, 2019)