Crown Crest Leasing
This case alleges that the defendants breached consumer protection law in registering security interests against consumers’ home title.
The defendants in the action are Crown Crest Capital Management Corp., Crown Crest Financial Corp. and these companies’ CEO and owner, Lawrence Krimker.
The plaintiff alleges that the defendants’ conduct breached consumer protection law, in that the defendants registered amounts on people’s home title that had not been disclosed to consumers.
The Court will decide at a later date if the cases will proceed as class actions.
The case seeks to represent consumers whose HVAC agreement was directly or indirectly assigned to Crown Crest, and Crown Crest registered an interest against their home title.
For more information on this and our other class actions, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- March 23, 2023: The Class Proceedings Fund approved funding of the case.
- May 31, 2022: The plaintiffs filed a Fresh as Amended Statement of Claim.
- May 27, 2022: The Superior Court of Justice granted the plaintiffs’ motion to add new parties and amend the claim. You can find a copy of the order here.
- December 29, 2021: The Superior Court of Justice granted carriage of this class action to Sotos Class Actions. You can find a copy of the Court’s decision here.
- September 2, 2021: The plaintiff served her certification motion record.
- July 7, 2021: Plaintiff issued Statement of Claim in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
- Fresh as Amended Statement of Claim, issued May 25, 2022
- Reasons for Decision (Carriage Motion) issued December 29, 2021
- Statement of Claim, issued July 7, 2021