TD Coin Counting Machines
This lawsuit alleges that The Toronto Dominion Bank (“TD”) represented that its coin counting machines would accurately count coins, even though it knew the machines did not do so.
This proposed class action is brought on behalf of all persons who used TD’s coin counting machines in Canada between January 1, 2013 and May 25, 2016.
Claims are being processed and distribution of the payouts is expected to begin in Summer 2020.
Class Counsel and the Claims Administrator have encountered some minor issues regarding the distribution which have resulted in the current delay. These issues are being rectified.
For further information, please contact Trilogy Class Action Services Toll Free at 1-877-499-1211 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on this and our other class actions, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- April 16, 2019: Yesterday, Justice Taylor of the Superior Court of Justice in Kitchener approved the plaintiff’s settlement agreement with TD, the plan to distribute the net settlement funds, and Class Counsel’s legal fees. A formal notice will be disseminated in the coming weeks advising class members of the claims process. The orders may be found under the Documents tab.
- February 7, 2019 : The plaintiff and TD reached a settlement of this class action on September 12, 2018. The class action was certified for settlement purposes on December 3, 2018. Class members who do not wish to participate in the class action have been given the right to opt-out until April 5, 2019. The settlement agreement will be approved by the Court in Kitchener on April 15, 2019 at 10:00am. For more details, please visit: https://www.tdcoinclassactioncanada.com/.
- June 22, 2016 : The plaintiff has commenced a class action against TD.
- Order – Fee Approval dated April 15, 2019
- Order – Settlement Approval dated April 15, 2019
- Order – Distribution Protocol Approval dated April 15, 2019
- Distribution Protocol dated March 5, 2019
- Long-Form Notice of Certification and Settlement Approval dated February 4, 2019
- Abbreviate Notice of Certification and Settlement Approval
- Consent Certification and Notice Approval Order of Justice Taylor dated December 3, 2018
- Settlement Agreement executed September 12, 2018
- Statement of Claim issued June 22, 2016