Automatic Transmission Fluid Warmers
This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of automatic transmission fluid warmers incorporated into new vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from November 1, 2002 to March 1, 2010.
Automatic transmission fluid warmers are devices located within an automotive vehicle’s engine that improve fuel economy by warming transmission fluid to lower its viscosity, allowing the transmission fluid to flow more easily.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $302,000.00. A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- June 19, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement entered into between the plaintiffs and T.Rad
- June 19, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the payment of Class Counsel’s fees and disbursements
- January 5, 2018 – the deadline for opting out of the class action has expired
- August 30, 2017 – Justice Belobaba certified the action for settlement purposes and approved the notice to the class
- July 20, 2017 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with T.Rad Co., Ltd. and T.Rad North America, Inc.
Settlement Agreement with T.Rad dated July 20, 2017
Orders and Decisions
Order of Justice Belobaba dated June 19, 2018 re: T.Rad Settlement Approval
Notices to the Class