Adil has worked on class actions since 2017. He has also published multiple articles on class actions and access to justice, and currently sits on the executive of the class action section of the Ontario Bar Association.
Prior to joining Sotos, Adil summered and articled at a prominent Bay St. litigation boutique, working on various class actions for both plaintiffs and defendants. Before that, he worked on privacy class actions at a boutique in Ottawa.
While in law school, he was the top oralist at the Davies Corporate/Securities Moot, the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review, a Senior Editor of the Critical Analysis of Law Journal, and an Associate Editor of the Indigenous Law Review and the Journal of Law and Equity.
Adil is proficient in French and Spanish.
In his spare time, he enjoys playing chess, coding, and learning about technology. He has credentials in cybersecurity, data analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence.
- “Correcting Corrections: Resolving Confusion over the Public Correction Requirement in the Ontario Securities Act” (2019) 62:3 Canadian Business Law Journal 310
- “The Circumstances of Change: Understanding the Bedford/Carter Exceptions to Vertical Stare Decisis” (2020) 78:1 University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review 1
- “The Limits of Case Management: A Review and Principled Approach to the Court’s General Management Powers” (2021) 16:2 The Canadian Class Action Review (co-written with Paul-Erik Veel and Angela Hou)
- “Incomplete Justice: The Costs of Partial Indemnity” (forthcoming in Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice)
- “The Battle Over TikTok” (2020)
- “Instructions to Spies: Are They Privileged?” (2021) (co-written with William McDowell)
- Co-Chair of “Fireside Chat with Class Actions Bench and Bar” (2021)
- Executive Committee Member (2020-2021), Ontario Bar Association Civil Litigation Section
- Executive Committee Member (2020-2021), Ontario Bar Association Class Actions Section
- Executive Committee Member (2020-2021), Ontario Bar Association Information Technology & Intellectual Property Section
- Executive Committee Member (2019-2021), Ontario Bar Association Students Section
- Vice Chair, Demand Inclusion
- Director, West Scarborough Community Legal Services
- Member, Canadian Muslim Lawyers Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association