Windshield Washer Systems
This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Windshield Washer Systems used in Automobiles and other light-duty Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2000 to March 1, 2010.
Windshield Washer Systems include the pump, hoses, nozzle, and tank necessary to deliver washer fluid to vehicle windows.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $150,000.00 . A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- January 24, 2020 – At the hearing on February 28, 2020, the Court will also be asked to approve a protocol for distributing settlement funds. Click here to read the proposed Distribution Protocol.
- May 8, 2019 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with the defendants, Hitachi, Mitsuba, NGK Insulators and Sumitomo Riko and TK Holdings.
- April 2, 2019 Justice Belobaba certified the action for settlement purposes and approved the notice to the class as against Mitsuba Corporation and American Mitsuba Corporation.
- February 19, 2019 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with the defendants, Mitsuba Corporation and American Mitsuba Corporation.
Mitsuba Settlement Agreement dated February 19, 2019
Orders and Decisions
Notices to the Class