This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Spark Plugs used in Automobiles and other light-duty Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2000 to August 1, 2011.
A Spark Plug is an engine component that delivers high electric voltage from the ignition system to the combustion chamber of an internal combustion engine. It ignites the compressed fuel/air mixture with an electric spark while containing combustion pressure within the engine.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $399,000.00; and the NGK Spark defendants have agreed to settle for $1,080,787.50. A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- September 21, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement entered into between the plaintiffs and Robert Bosch GmbH, Robert Bosch Inc., and Robert Bosch LLC
- September 21, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the payment of Class Counsel’s fees and disbursements with respect to the Bosch settlement.
- August 13, 2018 – Justice Belobaba certified the action for settlement purposes and approved the notice to the class as against Robert Bosch GmbH, Robert Bosch Inc., and Robert Bosch LLC.
- June 26, 2018 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Robert Bosch GmbH, Robert Bosch Inc., and Robert Bosch LLC.
Bosch Settlement Agreement dated June 26, 2018
Orders and Decisions
Order Re Bosch Settlement Approval dated September 21, 2018
Order Re Class Counsel Fee Approval in Bosch Settlement dated September 21, 2018
Order Re Notice Approval and Consent Certification in Bosch Settlement, dated August 13, 2018
Notices to the Class
Notice of Hearing (EN, FR)
BC Residents – Notice of Certification for Settlement Purposes and Settlement Approval Hearing