This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Motor Generators used in Automobiles and other light-duty Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2000 to March 1, 2010.
Motor Generators are electric motors used to power electric drive systems that can also capture energy from the process of stopping a vehicle to generate electricity through regenerative braking.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $150,000.00 . A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- September 21, 2018– the action was discontinued on a without costs and without prejudice basis as against the defendant, Robert Bosch GmbH, Robert Bosch LLC, Robert Bosch Inc.
- May 1, 2017 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement entered into between the plaintiffs and the defendants, Hitachi, Ltd., Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. and Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
- May 1, 2017 – Justice Belobaba approved the payment of Class Counsel’s fees and disbursements with respect to the Hitachi settlement.
- December 2, 2016 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with the defendants, Hitachi, Ltd., Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. and Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
- June 14, 2016 – the action was discontinued on a without costs and without prejudice basis as against the defendant, Hitachi Metals America, Inc.
Hitachi Settlement Agreement dated December 2, 2016
Orders and Decisions
Order Re discontinuance as against Bosch Parties, dated September 21, 2018
Order Re Hitachi Settlement Approval dated May 1, 2017
Order Re Class Counsel Fee Approval in Hitachi Settlement dated May 1, 2017
Order Re discontinuance as against Hitachi Metal America, Inc., dated 14 June, 2016
Notices to the Class