This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Ignition Coils used in Automotive Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2000 to March 1, 2010.
An Ignition Coil is an induction coil in an automobile’s ignition system. It transforms the low voltage of the automobile’s battery to the thousands of volts needed to create an electric spark in the spark plugs to ignite the fuel.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $1,060,000.00 . A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- August 13, 2018 – Justice Belobaba certified the action for settlement purposes and approved the notice to the class with Mitsubishi
- March 2, 2018 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Mitsubishi
- March 20, 2017 – Justice Belobaba certified the action for settlement purposes and approved the notice to the class with Hitachi
- December 2, 2016 – the plaintiffs entered into an agreement with Hitachi
Mitsubishi Settlement Agreement dated March 2, 2018
Hitachi Settlement Agreement dated December 2, 2016
Orders and Decisions
Order of Justice Belobaba dated August 13, 2018 re: Notice Approval and Certification
Order of Justice Belobaba dated March 20, 2017 re: Notice Approval and Certification
Notices to the Class