Heater Control Panels (HCP)
This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Heater Control Panels used in Automobiles and other light-duty Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2000 to March 1, 2010.
A Heater Control Panel is located in the centre console of an automobile. It consists of operational panels incorporating buttons and switches which control the temperature of the interior environment of a vehicle.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $150,000.00 . A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- December 19, 2016 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement with Sumitomo and K&S
- November 2, 2016 – Justice Belobaba certified the action for settlement purposes and approved the notice to the class
- September 28, 2016 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Sumitomo and K&S
- June 25, 2014 – Justice Belobaba approved the discontinuance against K&S and Sumitomo
K&S and Sumitomo Settlement Agreement dated September 28, 2016
Orders and Decisions
Order of Justice Belobaba dated December 19, 2016 re: settlement agreement
Order of Justice Belobaba dated November 2, 2016 re: Notice Approval and Certification
Order of Justice Belobaba dated June 25, 2014 re: discontinuance against K&S and Sumitomo
Order of Justice Belobaba dated June 14, 2013 re: discontinuance of Delphi and Visteon
Notices to the Class
Notice of Hearing – April 2021 (EN, FR)
Notice of Hearing – January 2020 (EN, FR)