This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Fuel Senders used in Automobiles and other light-duty Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 1999 to March 1, 2010.
Fuel Senders reside in the fuel tank of an automobile and measure the amount of fuel in the tank.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $150,000.00 . A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- January 24, 2020 – At the hearing on February 28, 2020, the Court will also be asked to approve a protocol for distributing settlement funds. Click here to read the proposed Distribution Protocol.
- January 28, 2016 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement and dismissal against Yazaki
- December 9, 2015 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement and consent for certification against Yazaki
- October 19, 2015 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Yazaki
- December 5, 2013 – Justice Belobaba approved the discontinuance against Nippon and New Sabina
Yazaki Settlement Agreement dated October 19, 2015
Orders and Decisions
Order Re Distribution Protocol Approval dated February 28, 2020
Order of Justice Belobaba dated January 28, 2016 re: settlement and dismissal against Yazaki
Order of Justice Belobaba dated December 9, 2015 re: settlement and certification against Yazaki
Order of Justice Belobaba dated December 5, 2013 re: discontinuance against Nippon and New Sabina
Order of Justice Belobaba dated June 14, 2013 re: discontinuance against Spectrum
Notices to the Class