Electronic Throttle Bodies
This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of Electronic Throttle Bodies used in Automotive Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2000 to March 1, 2010.
An Electronic Throttle Body is a component of an electronic throttle control system. The Electronic Throttle Body controls the volume of air flowing into the engine according to a signal from the engine control unit.
- January 24, 2020 – The Denso defendants have agreed to settle this action for $150,000.00 . A Court hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2020 to approve this settlement. Click here to read the Notice.
- February 19, 2019 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Mitsuba
- August 13, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement and consent for certification
- March 2, 2018 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Mitsubishi
- December 19, 2017 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Aisan
- May 1, 2017 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement and dismissal of the action between the plaintiffs and Hitachi
- March 20, 2017 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement and consent for certification
Mitsuba Settlement Agreement dated February 19, 2019
Mitsubishi Settlement Agreement dated March 2, 2018
Aisan Settlement Agreement dated December 19, 2017
Hitachi Settlement Agreement dated December 2, 2016
Orders and Decisions
Order of Justice Belobaba dated August 13, 2018 re: Notice of Approval and Consent Certification
Order of Justice Belobaba dated May 1, 2017 re: settlement approval and dismissal
Order of Justice Belobaba dated March 20, 2017 re: Notice Approval and Consent Certification
Notices to the Class