Electric Powered Steering Assemblies
This class action alleges that the defendants unlawfully conspired to rig bids for and artificially inflate the prices of electric powered steering assemblies (“EPS Assemblies”) used in Automotive Vehicles and sold to dealers and consumers across Canada from January 1, 2005 to October 1, 2012.
EPS Assemblies link the steering wheel to the tires, and include, to the extent included in the relevant requests for quotation (“RFQs”), the column, intermediate shaft, and electric power steering electric control unit, among other parts, but do not include the steering wheel or tires.
- February 19, 2019 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Mitsuba
- September 21, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the settlement agreement and dismissal against Mitsubishi
- August 13, 2018 – Justice Belobaba approved the long form notice of settlement approval and consent of certification
- March 2, 2018 – the plaintiffs entered into a settlement agreement with Mitsubishi
- December 9, 2015 – Justice Belobaba approved the discontinuance of the action against the defendant Koyo
Orders and Decisions
Order of Justice Belobaba dated September 21, 2018 re: settlement approval and dismissal against Mitsubishi
Order of Justice Belobaba dated August 13, 2018 re: Notice Approval and Consent Certification
Order of Justice Belobaba dated December 9, 2015 re: discontinuance against Koyo
Order of Justice Belobaba dated October 7, 2014 re: discontinuance against TRW
Notices to the Class